axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Interoperability Axis with .NET (C#)
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 18:28:01 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Chuang" <genechuang@yahoo.com>
To: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 19:12
Subject: Re: Interoperability Axis with .NET (C#)

> I just created a web service with Axis 1.1beta for a RPC method that
returns an array of JavaBeans.
> I installed Office XP WS Toolkit 2.0,
http://www.microsoft.com/office/developer/webservices/toolkit.asp, and by
just supplying the WSDL generated from above,  MS VB generated the correct
client stubs without my interference.  The only caveat is toolkit is not
.NET, and the code is not VB.NET, so the JavaBean array was represented as a
"variant" in VB, a type that has been deprecated for VB.NET ;-).
> However, since the Office XP toolkit 2.0 uses the same soapclient30.dll as
.NET platform, I don't see how .NET wouldn't be able to interop just as
easily as the toolkit did.

.net doesnt use soapclient30.dll, which is part of the MS Soap Toolkit; .NEt
has its own implementation(s) of SOAP. So you cant guarantee that just
because the native code toolkit works. the .NET one will