axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Orriss Jr" <d...@davenet.net>
Subject Re: JBuilder debugging of server side?
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:17:21 GMT
On Tuesday, January 14, 2003 1:34 PM,
Michael D. Spence <spence@panix.com> wrote:

> You should note, however, that with JBuilder 8, Borland's restricted
> this feature to the startlingly expensive Enterprise Edition, available
> for something on the order of $2500.

That's not entirely accurate.  You can still debug Tomcat servlet code
within JBuilder SE (at the startlingly *low* price of $399 <g>) but you have
to do the work to configure the project yourself (no server configurations).

JSP code, OTOH, needs the Enterprise release and only debugs JSP code up to
Tomcat 4.0.  Tomcat 4.1 JSP code is being reengineered to comply with JSR-45
specs and until that's done I doubt Borland is going to make JBuilder debug
against it.

--
David Orriss Jr.

Please email me if you want my ICQ/AIM/IM ID's.