axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Shrotriya, Sumit" <Sumit.Shrotr...@westgroup.com>
Subject Unable to read a Property file from Servlet under Tomcat 4.1.12
Date Fri, 27 Dec 2002 18:43:26 GMT
Hi All,

  I am trying to read a property file from a package hierarchy.
i.e. I have a service(that I don't have much control over) that reads a
property file
for a location such as com/sample/prop/some.prop
[Scenario]
  I am using JDK1.4, Tomcat4.1.12, Axis under a WIN2K box. My application is
a servlet that runs under axis. My application is located in the
"%TOMCAT%\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes\" folder.
I have my application set up in packages thus the dir structure looks like
::

%TOMCAT%\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes\com\samples\classes\

%TOMCAT%\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes\com\samples\prop\
 Now I have a class that I can not modify that is located in

%TOMCAT%\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes\com\samples\web\
 It reads a file from

%TOMCAT%\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\classes\com\samples\prop\some.prop
 but some how they have programmed it so that I can only read from this
directory hierarchy.

 This worked fine when I was using Tomcat 3.3 but does not work with
Tomcat4.1.12.Any ideas why??
and how should I go about solving the problem??
 Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Regards,
Sumit