axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Alex Dovlecel <do...@kbs.twi.tudelft.nl>
Subject Axis classloader
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:58:57 GMT
Hello all,

Does Axis implements its own classloader, or uses the classloader from the
Servlet Container (for example, tomcat)?

BEcause of the weird problem that I have loading some files from the jar.

Problem description: I have an config.xml file placed in the root of the jar.
The jar contains the service (Deploy the service by copying the jar in
axis\WEB-INF\lib and execute the AdminClient). When the service main class is
loaded I want to read the config.xml file. But the getResourceAsStream( )
returns NULL !!! (resource not found).

I made a simple main method to check the config.xml file from jar. And when
running the main method (java -cp myjar.jar test.MainClass) it finds the
file!!! So there must be a strange thing going on with the ClassLoader.

I use tomcat 4.1.12 and axis 1.0 final release. (not nightly builds or cvs
versions).

PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG OR WHY CAN'T I GET THE config.xml file.

Tx
dovle