axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: So how do non-Microsoft people consume web services?
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:06:50 GMT

<plug>
ColdFusion MX and DreamWeaver MX have very good support for building application to consume
web services.
</plug>

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: easter [mailto:easter@free.fr]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 8:24 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: So how do non-Microsoft people consume web services?

I've gone through the process now of publishing a bunch of web services,
hand writing all the WSDL descriptions, deploying them in Axis-apache
etc, and now want to verify the exposed functionality is in line with
how people will actually integrate them into their applications.

I suppose in the Micro$oft world there's Visual XXXX with a nice UDDI
component, and some automagical import of services, allowing you to drag
and drop away, chaining together your application.

What about other IDE's? I've checked NetBeans, Eclipse, and none seem to
automate/support building applications using web services, and you have
to manually do all the code yourself, even though this is obvious from
the WSDL description. I don't mind scribbling a few SOAP requests
together, but current support for all that WSDL info is zero!
Something along the lines of a WSIF is what is needed, but integrated to
an IDE such as NetBeans.

Does anyone have any suggestions of easier ways to build web
applications, or is the field still too cutting edge?

Thanks