axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: WS-security
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 16:19:10 GMT

Make sure you take a look at the XML-Sec stuff already built in to Axis that supports digitally
signing messages.

Get together and work as a team on this, that's the Apache way.  We use axis-dev and IRC to
communicate between team members, so you should not be afraid to jump in and start talking.

Axis can always use more developers/committers.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: Darren Marvin [mailto:djm@it-innovation.soton.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, December 09, 2002 11:13 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: FW: WS-security

Hi,

I have also written (as part of company projects) some axis handlers for digitally signing
and verifying messages based on suggestions in the W3C SOAP Digital Signature Note. They are
completely reusable and open source. It is slightly different from the XML Signature stuff
proposed for WS-Security but is not inconsistent. We have used HTTPS to provide a secure channel
but are interested in using XML Encryption instead with a view to adopting WS-Security and
later OGSA Grid Security Specifications. I would be interested in helping out with any extensions
to Axis, although some restrictions may exist over the stuff already created.

Thanks,

Darren.