axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: RESPOST: Usage of optional attributes
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 15:12:14 GMT

We wouldn't change anything that broke JAX-RPC.
The bean type would have to be special, so a reset() method would be no problem....

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

 -----Original Message-----
From: Matthias David [mailto:Matthias.David@ptv.de]
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 3:33 AM
To: 'axis-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: RESPOST: Usage of optional attributes

Thanks Tom for your answer!
I already thought of something like the JavaBean you described. But the problem with that
solution is that once you've set the Bean the first time you cannot reset it unless you can
set the boolean flag. E.g. with a special method like "reset".
But there could be a simpler solution. How about mapping simple datatypes to real Objects
like Integer, Long, Double, etc. instead of using the simple types? Ok, that solution is not
conform to the JAX-RPC specifiaction as described in the Axis User's Guide on page 14. But
I could use it as a first workaround. So is there a simple possibility to change the mapping
for these datatypes?
Matthias.