axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jan Peter Hecking" <jan.heck...@verdisoft.com>
Subject typemapping for generated simpleType-classes
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:14:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm using WSDL2Java to generate classes for a simple (for now) wsdl file which
declares some new xs:simpleTypes like e.g.

<xs:simpleType name="URL">
    <xs:restriction base="xs:anyURI"/>
</xs:simpleType>

For these types WSDL2Java generates an URL class and an URLHolder class because
the URL type is used as an OUT parameter. After I figured out that I have to
declare this OUT parameter in my *.wsdd file I'm now facing the problem that this
parameter is not getting serialized although the generated URL class does implement
the java.io.Serializable interface and has
public static org.apache.axis.encoding.Serializer getSerializer(...) and
public static org.apache.axis.encoding.Serializer getDeSerializer(...) methods.
So then I tried to add a <typeMapping/> entry to my service definition. But neither
of these two entries worked:

<service>
    <!-- ... -->
    <typeMapping qname="tns:URL"
        classname="com.verdisoft.test.URL"
        serializer="com.verdisoft.test.URL"
        deserializer="com.verdisoft.test.URL"/>
</service>

WSDDDeployableItem - Unable to deploy typemapping: {http://www.verdisoft.com/ns}URL
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Found languageSpecificType namespace '', expected 'http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java'

<service>
    <!-- ... -->
    <typeMapping qname="tns:URL"
        classname="java:com.verdisoft.test.URL"
        serializer="java:com.verdisoft.test.URL"
        deserializer="java:com.verdisoft.test.URL"/>
</service>

WSDDDeployableItem - Unable to deploy typemapping: {http://www.verdisoft.com/ns}URL
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java:com/verdisoft/URL

If anyone has figured out how to do this I'd be glad for any help
because at the moment I don't know what else I can try.

bye,
Jan

--
Jan Peter Hecking