axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Tomasini <btomas...@neteverything.com>
Subject RE: question deploying Axis under my own Webapp
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 03:27:14 GMT
I don't know about the advanced installation.

There is no webapp heirarchy that I know of in the J2EE spec (I would be
curious if there is).

I think you are running into issues that are related more to the J2EE
spec for webapps than Axis itself.

Some more comments:

What about http://host:8080/myapp/services/MyService ?

> What confuses me when running my webapp and Axis side-by-side is that Axis
> throws many exceptions if I don't copy the myapp/WEB-INF/classes structure
> over into the axis/WEB-INF/classes directory and place any shared libraries
> at least in the $APPSERVER_HOME/shared/lib directory if not in the
> axis/WEB-INF/lib directory. I understand this is part of the 'normal'
> installation, but then what is the "Advanced Installation: adding Axis to
> your own Webapp" section of the installation instructions talking about?
>
> To me, this seems like I'm practically installing my webapp into Axis when
> I'd really prefer Axis to run at least beside my webapp if not underneath
> it.

Running them them together wouldn't be a bad idea.  The J2EE spec if
flexible enough to make this practical.

If you really have a need to run Axis as its own webapp, you will need
to copy your classes over.

Good luck!

Ben Tomasini