axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Tomasini <btomas...@neteverything.com>
Subject Re: Performance Testing?
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 05:56:39 GMT
I have been rolling my own test samplers for JMeter.  It seems to work
ok, but I have come across one issue.

I am working with some pretty complex BeanSerialization.  On the load
tests, the server's cpu sits at around 20%, but the client cpu is often
pegged.  I think it has to do with the fact that I am registering all of
the types on the client side and having the call fully deserialize the
object.

For the load testing, I don't need to deserialize the request. Is there
a way to make an Axis call return null or do nothing more than confirm
that there wasn't a fault?

I say the invokeOneWay(), but saw that one day it would return
immediatly.  I need for the method to block until the server is done.
Otherwise I can't time the request, and I can't really load the server
without creating a virual DoS.

Any thoughts?

Ben Tomasini