axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "leshoubs" <lesho...@kolumbus.fi>
Subject Problem updating a service
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2002 22:27:34 GMT
Hi all!

I'm an AXIS newbie.

I have a young installation of AXIS 1.0 on tomcat 4.1.12 and I'm currently experimenting it.

I'm running into a trouble that I don't know if it is my fault.
Here is the problem.

- I created a class containing a public method called "sayHello", compiled it to the axis/WEB-INF/classes
folder and deployed a service called TestService with the following WSDD:
    <deployment xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/" xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java">
         <service name="TestService" provider="java:RPC">
              <parameter name="className" value="MyTestService"/>
         </service>
    </deployment>

- When I browse the page 'View the list of deployed services' I can see my service and its
'sayHello' method. I can actually browse the WSDL and called the method "sayHello" without
any problem.

- I want now to add a public method to this class so I undeployed the previous service,
    *  I add a public method to this class called "sayArg", re-compile the class to the axis/WEB-INF/classes
folder and re-deploy the same service called TestService.
    * When I browse the page 'View the list of deployed services' I cannot see my new method
'sayArg' and actually I cannot even access to it with a simple java client class.

Actually whaetever I change to this class nothing is taken into account. For instance if the
method was at first retourning "Hello World" and I modify it to return "Hello Finland !" I'm
still getting "Hello World" after recompiling and redeploying the service.

What is wrong in my process?

Regards,
Patrick Houbaux.