axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Tom Elrod" <tel...@e2technologies.net>
Subject Java2WSDL and transient members
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 06:41:50 GMT
Hello all.  I am working on a SOAP implementation for a JMX connector and
wanted to use Axis.  I am having a problem figuring out how to accomplish
this.  I am new to Axis and fairly new to SOAP, so please forgive my
ignorance.

I am trying to use Java2WSDL to create a wsdl file that I will in turn use
WSDL2Java to create my bindings.  The problem is that when generating the
wsdl, get the following error:

- The class javax.management.MBeanServer is defined in a java or javax
package and cannot be converted into an xml schema type.  An xml schema
anyType will be used to define this class in the wsdl file.

But the MBeanServer member variable is transient.  Shouldn't Java2WSDL
ignore it?

The class I am using with the Java2WSDL is:

package org.jboss.mx.remote.connector.soap.axis;

import org.jboss.mx.remote.connector.soap.SOAPMethodInvocation;

public class AxisSOAPConnector
{
    public Object invoke(SOAPMethodInvocation methodInvocation)
    {
	// Implemenation code
    }
}

The SOAPMethodInvocation class used as the parameter looks like:

package org.jboss.mx.remote.connector.soap;

import javax.management.*;
import java.lang.reflect.Method;

public class SOAPMethodInvocation implements java.io.Serializable
{
    private static final long serialVersionUID = 7235369610255097138L;

    public final static int OK = 1;
    public final static int ERROR = -99;

    private transient MBeanServer server = null;

    private String objectName = null;
    private String methodName = null;
    private Object[] params = null;
    private Object returnValue = null;
    private int status = OK;

    public SOAPMethodInvocation()
    {
    }

    public SOAPMethodInvocation(Method m)
    {
        setMethodName(m.getName());
    }

    public void setParams(Object[] params)
    {
        if(params == null || params.length < 1) return;
        this.params = params;
    }

    public void setMBeanServer(MBeanServer server)
    {
        this.server = server;
    }

    public Object getReturnValue()
    {
        return returnValue;
    }

    public int getStatus()
    {
        return status;
    }

    public String getMethodName()
    {
        return methodName;
    }

    public void setMethodName(String methodName)
    {
        this.methodName = methodName;
    }

    public void invoke()