axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Joshua Gramlich" <jgraml...@piocon.com>
Subject WS-Security and Globus
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:34:12 GMT
Hello all,

I'm working on a project where we'd like to use Globus to secure a client
server application.  This application communicates via messages, passed
through CORBA, to and from both client and server.  My current
investigations into both CORBA and the Globus toolkit tell me that Globus
and CORBA don't jive.  That is, not well, at least.

So, what we'd like to do now is use Web Services instead of CORBA, but the A
no. 1 reason we're even doing this (application re-write-ish thing) in the
first place is because we want to add encryption and authentication to the
current application.  I found out about WS-Security on IBM's developerworks
site and thought it might be useful.

I don't suppose anyone has used Globus and WS-Security together yet?  Any
code samples pehaps?

Joshua Gramlich
Chicago, IL