axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Trond Hjelmaas <thje...@cse.unsw.EDU.AU>
Subject Async web services, do they exist?
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 03:29:08 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem with finding relevant info regarding asynch Web Services.

For example, I've got this javaclass, all it does is wait 10 seconds

public class delay{
	public void wait10sec(){
		/*some code for 10 sec delay*/
	}

}

it has WSDL like:
   <message name="wait10sec0Request"/>
   <portType name="blahPortType">
      <operation name="wait10sec">
         <input name="wait10sec0Request" message="tns:wait10sec0Request"/>
      </operation>
   </portType>
   <binding name="blahBinding" type="tns:blahPortType">
      <soap:binding style="rpc"
      <operation name="wait10sec">
         <soap:operation soapAction="" style="rpc"/>
         <input name="wait10sec0Request">
            <soap:body use="encoded" namespace="blah"
		encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
         </input>
      </operation>
   </binding>
   <service name="blah">
      <port name="blahPort" binding="tns:blahBinding">
         <soap:address
		location="http://some_URTL:8888/blah_ctx/blah"/>
      </port>
   </service>

NOTE: I have change WSDL to have no response, the original has reponse
message listed, but is was empty.....

According to some mail I read Web Services are async if they don't have
any reponse method.

I uploaded this and invoke the method using Oracle9ias (9.0.0.3), the
invocation halts for 10 seconds, and does NOT return ASAP (which is what I
need).

Any suggestions about how to make asynch Web Services are very
appreciated!

Regards, Trond