axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Faulkner <paul.faulk...@wcom.com>
Subject RE: general question about AXIS
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:23:59 GMT
like I said this stuff is all new to me....

Clients will be accessing known Web Services and will be provided
information about the service (like message layout).  Will probably
implement WSDL/UDDI down the road.
Does the client really care how the service is being processed?  Just need a
service that can process specific SOAP messages.

Paul Faulkner

-----Original Message-----
From: Pae Choi [mailto:paechoi@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 4:07 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: general question about AXIS

How would your external client access your Web service(s)?
Shouldn't you consider things other than "only requirements"
such as:

+ RPC-style or Document-style?
+ If RPC-style is the choice, will your clients all agree to
    write program, perhaps AXIS compatible client, to
    communciate your Web service(s)?
+ Will your client be arbitrary prospectives in public? If so,
   will you be able to predict how they will discover your
   Web service(s)?
+ ...

But since you have mentioned that "only requirements"
are Java and AIX. Axis will do among many others.

Pae