axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Daleiden, Mike" <mike.dalei...@aaaresponse.com>
Subject RE: why have to copy .class files of existing webapp into Axisweb-inf folder??
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:25:50 GMT
You can also create a directory on your Tomcat server that holds the
webapp component classes containing the methods you want to call, then
modify your classpath for both webapps to point to the "shared"
components directory.  This approach is similar to what is used in J2EE
for EJBs -- the EJB classes themselves are not required to be in a
webapp directory on the J2EE server (and usually are not, as it would
make sharing/reuse of the EJBs difficult) and the J2EE server classpath
is configured use both the webapp and EJB directories to resolve
classes.

So, as an example, you could set the Tomcat directories up as follows:
   \tomcat
      |----\webapps
      |        |-----\MyWebApp
      |        |         |-------\WEB-INF
      |                  |-------\WEB-INF
      |----\common
               |---- (common classes go here)

Then, simply update your Tomcat webapp classpaths to include
\tomcat\common.