axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Norman, Eric" <enor...@Netegrity.com>
Subject Customizing the WSDL generation.
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 23:50:45 GMT
I have a web application that needs to expose a set of java methods as
webservices.  However, the first parameter to each java method needs to be
supplied by the application on the server side (i.e. not supplied by the
client in the SOAP envelope).  I see how I can override the 'invokeMethod'
method in the RPCProvider to inject the objects into the method argument
array before invoking the method.  That seems like it would work ok.
However, I would prefer that the clients of the webservice not know about
the server-side parameter (in the WSDL).  I will probably try to subclass
the WSDL generation classes to exclude the offending 'server-side supplied'
arguments from the input message.  However, I'm concerned that the change
might cause some undesirable side-effects.  Has anyone tried to do anything
like this before?  If so, what are the pitfalls?

Eric Norman | Software Engineer

600 108th Avenue NE | Suite 900 | Bellevue WA  98004
      T 425.462.1999 x4165 |  F 425.637.1192 | enorman@netegrity.com
w w w . n e t e g r i t y . c o m