axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Russell Brown" <russell.br...@Freeserve.com>
Subject RE: Deploying an EJB as a webservice ( j2sdkee RI EJB container )
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 09:13:47 GMT
Thanks again for your help,

I have splashed out on the Axis book. In the meantime I have deployed the EJB's client as
a webservice instead of deploying the EJB and this works. I am sure when we come to the proper
development on this project ( so far I'm sort of in proof of concept ) that we will deploy
all session beans directly.

Thanks for the links, will be busy for a few days getting up to speed.

Regards

Russell

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin O'Neill [mailto:kevin@rocketred.com.au]
Sent: 05 November 2002 01:19
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Deploying an EJB as a webservice ( j2sdkee RI EJB container
)

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 02:45, Russell Brown wrote:
> thanks for the hints.
>
> I changed the allowedMethods to the two I need to use ( should I add create() ? )

Nope. The current context must have permissions to call create on the
entity bean though.

> I removed class name and redeployed. Its the same.

Here is what I'm using in JBoss 3.0.2

<service name="esitSOI" provider="java:EJB">
    <namespace>urn:esit:soi</namespace>
    <parameter name="beanJndiName" value="ejb/esit/soi/SOIController"/>
    <parameter name="homeInterfaceName"
value="au.edu.curriculum.esit.soi.controller.remote.SOIControllerHome"/>
    <parameter name="remoteInterfaceName"
value="au.edu.curriculum.esit.soi.controller.remote.SOIController"/>
    <parameter name="allowedMethods"
    value="initiate approve assignReviewer cancelReview
developerProposal indicatorApplicability indicatorQualityComment
removeReviewer review reviewerOpinion submitForReview submitReview"/>

    <beanMapping
      qname="soi:SOIState"
      xmlns:soi="urn:esit:soi"

languageSpecificType="java:au.edu.curriculum.esit.soi.model.SOIState" />
</service>

> I have a rather steep learning curve on all this ( just done the basic Java course and
years of coldFusion, leapt into J2EE and web services for a new project )

If you're new then here are some tools that will help you get started
(and cut your development time)

xdoclet (xdoclet.sf.net) - create an abstract class and everything else
is generated for you
eclipse (www.eclipse.org) - my personal favorite ide (and it's open
source)
ant (jakarta.apache.org/ant) - the java build tool, take the time to
learn it. It will save you hours
junit (www.junit.org) - testing framework
latka (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/latka/index.html) - functional
testing

> Thanks for your time

No problems,

-k.

--
If you don't test then your code is only a collection of bugs which
apparently behave like a working program.

Website: http://www.rocketred.com.au/blogs/kevin/