axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Russell Brown" <russell.br...@Freeserve.com>
Subject RE: Deploying an EJB as a webservice ( j2sdkee RI EJB container )
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 13:39:11 GMT
Hi Again,
Also, whenever I deploy this EJB it ruins Axis. The list of services servlet no longer displays
ANY deployed services. I just tried a clean install of Tomcat, the j2skee and Axis on a clean
machine. Set up the classpath with only the required jars and deployed the bean successfully,
I ran the bean client locally and all worked well. However when I tried to deploy into Axis
with the wsdd listed below, the same thing happens.

I hit the service url and get nothing, I hit it with ?wsdl appened and get nothing. And the
Axis servlet list of deployed services is blank ( IE the other deployed services have vainished
)

Anyone out there able to help me on this at all ? I know somebody must have deployed a session
bean as a webservice successfully

Regards

Russell

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Brown
Sent: 04 November 2002 09:53
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Deploying an EJB as a webservice ( j2sdkee RI EJB container )

Hi All,
I am new to this Apache Axis.

Below is my deployment descriptor. I have tested my bean with the bean client I have written
and it works fine. However when I deploy it to Axis, no errors occur ( in any of the consoles
) yet when I hit the service url at http://localhost:8080/axis/services/PAFLookUp2 I get a
blank screen, same if I append ?wsdl. No error, nothing, just a blank page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Am I setting the jndiURL correctly ? Should it be the
url of the EJB container or the Tomcat server where Apache Axis is deployed ?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
	xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"
	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance">
	<service name="PAFLookUp2" provider="java:EJB">
	<parameter name="beanJndiName" value="ejb/PAFLookUp"/>
	<parameter name="homeInterfaceName" value="com.freeserve.fsmap.PAF.PAFLookUpHome"/>
	<parameter name="remoteInterfaceName" value="com.freeserve.fsmap.PAF.PAFLookUp"/>
	<parameter name="className" value="com.freeserve.fsmap.PAF.PAFLookUpBean"/>
	<parameter name="jndiURL" value="rmi://localhost:1050"/>
	<parameter name="jndiContextClass" value="com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory"/>
<typeMapping xmlns:ns="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"
	qname="ns:com.freeserve.fsmap.ArgumentSet"
	type="java:com.freeserve.fsmap.ArgumentSet"
	encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
</service>
</deployment>

To be honest I have lifted the descriptor from the examples posted on this list, but in the
deploytool, the jndi name is ejb/PAFLookUp.

Any help at all needed. BTW I have read and tried the example provided by John Mammen to this
list "How to deploy a EJB as a Web Service on Axis 1.0".
I have also ordered the Axis book, bu am awaiting delivery.

Many thanks in advance

Russell

Russell Brown
Application Developer
Freeserve.com Plc
The Malthouse, Chadwick Street, Leeds LS10 1LJ
Telephone: 0113 222 9110