axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Bobby Carp <bobby.c...@blackpearl.com>
Subject RE: How to get an operation Name in a Requstor Handler
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 18:43:48 GMT
OperationDesc oper = msgCxt.getOperation();

oper.getName();

-----Original Message-----
From: Bahman Kalali [mailto:bkalali@csg.uwaterloo.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 9:58 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: How to get an operation Name in a Requstor Handler

I am trying to write a Service requestor Handler. Inside the Handler's
invoke method, I want to get the method name of service provider:

I can get an operation name from a MessageContext as follows.
public void invoke(MessageContext msgContext) throws AxisFault

{

Handler serviceHandler = msgContext.getService();

Message msg=msgContext.getRequestMessage();

SOAPEnvelope envelope=msg.getSOAPEnvelope();

Element envElement=envelope.getAsDOM();

Document doc= envelope.getAsDocument();

String operationName=mygetOperation(doc);

}

Is there any other way that I can get an operation name and its expected
passing parameters in my Handlers from a MessageContext?

I tried this, but it gives me NULL pointer exception error.

OperationDesc op =msgContext.getOperation();

Method t= op.getMethod();

System.out.println(t.getName())===>java.lang.NullPointerException

I really appreciate your input.

--Bahman