axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Olivier Fauchon <oliv...@labocom.com>
Subject resources m$_interop service_parameters
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:06:20 GMT
Hi,

It seems this M.L. is the best source of  informations over the net ..
I'm new to SOAP/AXIS/this ML, so please excuse me for the following
stupid questions :-)

1. Resources

I'm looking for detailed case study of services using custom
types/javabean , from AXIS server to MS SOAP Toolkit clients .
If someone has urls ... thx

2. MS Clients.

I have to code excel macros that get informations from my AXIS server
(i'm not M$ addict, but customers are).
I had a little attempt, which was successfull...
But to retreive my datas on the MS Client using MS SOAP Toolkit 3, i had
to parse DOM result (to get back my custom types)

I guess (hope) there's a simpler way to directly get my objects on the
client (i would like to get my custom types).
So if someone is experienced, please give me more detailed informations.

3.  Services Parameters

There was some thread on  passing parameters to services ... from that i
 add the following line :

 <service name="BaseService" provider="java:RPC">
  <parameter name="hereismyparameter" value="itsvalue"/>
<!--   THIS IS THE PARAM I WANT TO USE -->
  <parameter name="className"
value="com.labocom.apps.basegeneric.export.soap.v1.BaseService"/>
  <namespace>http://www.labocom.com/BaseService</namespace>
 </service>

... My question is ... how do i get the parameter from within the
published class "BaseService" ... as this class don't even extends
anything (like
servlet would do ) ...

Thanks a lot

Olivier Fauchon