axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Vidyanand Murunikkara" <Vidyan...@infravio.com>
Subject RE: Service initialization
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 23:46:11 GMT

From: Steve Loughran [mailto:steve_l@iseran.com]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 2:49 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Service initialization

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vidyanand Murunikkara" <Vidyanand@infravio.com>
To: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 1:05 PM

>Hi Steve

>Yes I did notice what you said and I wasnt disagreeing with you. I was
>suggesting using JAX-RPC lifecycle because this would mean just
>maintaining the source code and not worry about all the servlet
specific
>stuff - this to mewould mean maintaing a different web.xml and stuff
>which sometimes can get irritating.

not as hard as you think now that axis source is marked up to that
Xdoclets
<webdoclet> can generate web.xml with the addins for axis. So include
axis
and your webapp in <webdoclet> and all servlets, taglibs, etc, get
included.

>btw .. do you know whether the JAX-RPC lifecycle has been implemented
in
axis yet ?

No. One problem Axis has is the need to work with servlet2.2 systems
that
dont have lifecycle events, so it cant just hook in to those. Actually I
may
add that stuff for the servlet2.3 and say 'upgrade'; the alternative is
write a timer driven housekeeping thread and have many callbacks.