axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mike Fecina <fec...@psu.edu>
Subject deployment error from adminclient about hostname
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2002 08:57:57 GMT
All,

I'm trying to deploy my service using AXIS adminclient.  The service
deploys fine on my machine, and here is the error I'm getting:

java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient deploy.wsdd
- Processing file deploy.wsdd
- java.net.UnknownHostException:
java.net.UnknownHostException: fruitloop
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:571)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:540)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:533)
        at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:723)
....more stuff, but the main error is there - UnknownHostException.

I know the machine is named "fruitloop", but I do konw the IP of the
machine as well, and if I point my browser to http://IP.edu:8095/axis, I
get axis and it works fine...

I looked on the web and found that you could specify both the port and
host settings during the call to the AdminClient.  I tried both of
these, with all possible different combinations including localhost, the
ip, fruitloop, etc. etc.

Does the fact taht I have two Tomcat's running (one on 8080 and one on
8095) matter?  I could not see why it should, as lnog as both work which
they do.

So, in short, should I ask the admin to change the hostname or is there
any opssible way around this?

Any input is greatly appreciated ...

Thanks,
M. Fecina (fecina@psu.edu)