axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Design Pattern
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:37:31 GMT

One tactic might be to have Axis recreate the over-the-wire structures on
both sides from a single WSDL file that creates the interface, using the
mapping logic in wsdl2java to map a namespace to a package name.

in this way both client and server would map http://mapp.example.org/person
to a class called

org.example.myapp.Person

you dont want to edit this file because it is autobuilt. Instead you create
a subclass on both sides which has the common methods you want

org.example,myapp.Realperson extends Person {

public boolean validate() {
..
}

}

ah, wait a minute. that doesnt work client side does it, because you cant
cast from a deserialised Person to a Realperson, unless you write a
deserializer that creates the subclass. hmmm.

I'll have to think about this some more.