axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Volkmann" <volkma...@charter.net>
Subject NoSuchMethodError in HTTPSender!
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 02:49:54 GMT
RE: Interim drop of 11-13-2002I'm hitting this problem too!  I've changed the subject because
I think it's being overlooked since many people are not using the interim drops. This certainly
needs to be fixed before the 1.01 version comes out!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sapozhnikov, Michael
  To: 'axis-user@xml.apache.org'
  Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 1:23 PM
  Subject: RE: Interim drop of 11-13-2002

  Hi,
  I have the same problem with 11/14 when I run my client.
  What I could see here that HTTPSender.writeToSocket uses StringBuffer.append method which
expects as a parameter StringBuffer argument and this is the new method added in JDK 1.4,
JDK 1.3 does not have this method, the closest match has a String argument, not StringBuffer.

  I looked in the code, it happens on the line
   if (null != otherHeaders)
          header.append(otherHeaders); //Add other headers to the end

  This code is not new, but this didn't happen before... Why? May be otherHeaders field was
null before?
  I don't want to go to the JDK 1.4 just for this one reason.

  Any word from developers will be greatly appreciated.

  Thanks,
  Michael