axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stuart Halloway \(DevelopMentor\)" <...@develop.com>
Subject RE: getRealPath() returns an empty string
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 18:12:41 GMT
Hi Mohammed,

How do you know that getRealPath() is returning an empty string, given
that your code fragment is ignoring the return value entirely? :-)

Stu

Stuart Halloway         : staff.develop.com/halloway
DevelopMentor           : www.develop.com
Essential Java          : www.develop.com/courses/essjava

-----Original Message-----
From: Akacem Mohammed [mailto:Mohammed.Akacem@arbeitsamt.de]
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 10:06 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: getRealPath() returns an empty string

Hallo ,

In a methode in the class MyServiceSoapBindingImpl I try to get the
realpath so I can read from a config file some information , but i get
an empty string for realpath. below is a code snippet.

    ServletEndpointContextImpl endpoint= new
ServletEndpointContextImpl();

    ServletContext cont= endpoint.getServletContext();
    System.out.println(" cont.getServletContextName = " +
cont.getServletContextName());
    String realpath = new String();
    cont.getRealPath(realpath);

    System.out.println(" realpath =" + realpath);

Problem: I want to get the realpath so I can read from a config file
some information , but i get an empty string for realpath.

thanks for any help

Mohammed