axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: As soon as I read...the next step should be simple...
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:24:13 GMT

> Axis is ok, the Installation Guide sucks, but that's ok, I won't be
> reading that again...;-)>

I rewrote a fair bit of the doc last weekend, so I am disappointed that you
find how I spent my friday evening unsatisfactory. Perhaps you would like to
contribute some of your spare time to the task of improving the docs.

Your mention of step 0 makes me think you have the updated version already -
Did you look at the web site or did you look at the version which came with
your distribution?

> So I go to the \samples\message\ where I find the deploy.wsdd
>
> "Here we go!" I say to myself.
>
> java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
> -lhttp://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService deploy.wsdd

> javax/servlet/ServletContext....ok back to the classpath.

Bug in axis1.0 on java1.4; is now fixed. The reason it isnt in the docs was
because it is a bug, one that everyone thought was fixed before Axis1.0
shipped. I guess if you are a representative example of a user who reads the
web site docs rather than the ones that came with their version, then we
have scope to mention the bug in the install docs along with the fix (get a
nightly build).

> Still unclear whether I must copy the classes first then deploy or if
> the deploy copies the classes for me....seems like if I were deploying
> to remote machine the AdminClient should copy the classes for me

admin client just tells the server about another service; the files should
be there. so copy them first

> too....oh well quit while you are a head, java head that is, OOP junky,
> X Generation.  Let's see what will Ant do for me...;-)

Also in cvs are the docs for ant tasks you need, including <axis-admin>