axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Stuart Halloway \(DevelopMentor\)" <...@develop.com>
Subject RE: Please help me get started
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 20:16:16 GMT
Hi Darrell,

You need to set the classpath to include the jars listed in the User's
Guide at [1].

If you are coming over from .NET I would strongly recommend that you
spend some time learning Ant [2]. Once you understand Ant's purpose and
syntax the combination of the html Axis documentation plus the build.xml
files is pretty good documentation for a 1.0 project.

[1]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/xml-axis/java/docs/user-gui
de.html#Installation
[2] http://jakarta.apache.org/ant

Stuart Halloway         : staff.develop.com/halloway
DevelopMentor           : www.develop.com
Essential Java          : www.develop.com/courses/essjava

-----Original Message-----
From: Darrell Gamble [mailto:dgambl00@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 2:59 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Please help me get started

Hi Frank,
Thanks for responding.  Hope you can help.  after going threw all 7
steps and typing
java samples.stock.GetQuote
-lhttp://localhost:2003/axis/servlet/AxisServlet
I get an exception in thread main no class def found...  error.  I am on
port 2003 and yes have tried it without the user and password if that's
what the last part of that is.  Feel free to call me at 312-461-7946
if this would be easier to help me.  Thanks again.
"Frank E. Weiss" <frankw@well.com> wrote:
Darrell,

Have you tried the seven steps on the following page?

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/xml-axis/java/docs/install.
html

-- Frank Weiss

Darrell Gamble wrote:

> This is the most confusing site. I am simply trying to get help
getting started with Axis and having a ton of
> problems. The website is descuraging because I was hoping it would
clear up the badly written book I spent 49.99 on
> Sams Web Services Unleashed. It is horrible for introducing how to get
starte with Axis and the web site is even more
> confusing. I am a .Net developer and struggling to get started in your
world. Hellllllpppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!