axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Empty arrays not serialized properly
Date Fri, 01 Nov 2002 19:18:31 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Jericho" <martin.j@jabmail.com>
To: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 4:42 PM
Subject: Re: Empty arrays not serialized properly

> Thanks for the tip, it has given me further insight into the problem.
>
> Your suggestion works, but it introduces another problem.  Specifying the
> beans in this way means that Java2WSDL will give the element the name
> "values" instead of what I want, which is "Values" with the first letter
> capitalised.  I would have to rewrite all of my .NET client code, which is
> not possible.  I also prefer using the public member way of declaring the
> bean's contents because it is more succinct, easier to read and maintain,
> and doesn't require any superfluous implementation code that is never used
> anyway.
>
> Is there any way I can get the element names to start with capital letters
> if I declare them using bean methods?

no, because that is what the JAX-PRC rules say that Axis must do. They made
the naming rules, not Apache.

But you have a simple workaround

1. go to capeclear.com and get the latest beta of their WSDL editor
2. write the WSDL you want first
3. use wsdl2java -server to create the wsdl from this; in Ant it looks like
this

    <axis-wsdl2java
      output="${build.axis.generated.dir}"
      serverside="true"
      skeletondeploy="true"
      url="${test.wsdl}"
      verbose="true"
      testcase="true"

        <mapping
          namespace="http://org.example/test"
          package="${axis.soapapi.package}" />
        <mapping
          namespace="http://org.example/test/dtds/test.xsd"
          package="${axis.soapapi.package}.data" />
    </axis-wsdl2java>

Then you dont have to worry about what java2wsdl does, because you control
the WsdL