axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Empty arrays not serialized properly
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 07:11:56 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Jericho" <martin.j@jabmail.com>
To: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 14:55
Subject: Re: Empty arrays not serialized properly

> I was actually intending to get .NET to generate my WSDL for me, rather
than
> waiting for axis to get fixed.  The last thing I want to do is get
involved
> with even more beta software.  I haven't tried generating WSDL using .NET
> yet, but so far everything has worked beautifully, first time, and much
more
> intuitively than anything I've used for quite a while.  Viva Signore
Gates!
> (oops, I could get shot for that around here!)

No, I wont disagree, .net makes it easy to export stuff as web service.
There are still lots of issues with IIS/.net in terms of making a secure,
robust, scaleable, logging, LDAP configured web service, but those are
details. You do need to understand enough WSDL to know what to remove (the
non-soap HTTP bindings)

I've been hand coding WSDL the last couple of days; I finally reached the
limits of capeclear with a switch from rpc/enc to doc/lit.

-steve