axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: +AFs-want exceptions in Java interface+AF0-
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:09:49 GMT

I dont know the details, but

1. Throw an AxisFault or a SoapFault and it should go over the wire as a
soapfault; Declare you throw java.rmi.RemoteException and you can throw
these, BTW. All proxy services built from a WSDL declaration throw
RemoteException automatically

2. To send other exceptions over the wire, try working with a recent (post
1.0 build)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mitch Gitman" <mgitman@usa.net>
To: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: [want exceptions in Java interface]

Well, I wound up working around the Axis tools’ taking exception to
Exception. I stripped the unwanted byproducts of java.lang.Exception from
the
WSDL that Java2WSDL had generated. Then WSDL2Java worked just fine. I guess
will just incorporate this editing of the .wsdl into my build.

Still, there must be a more elegant solution. Something so basic as throwing
an Exception in your Java interface should not require a workaround. Perhaps
someone else on this list has had a similar experience.

Mitch Gitman <mgitman@usa.net> wrote:
I have a minimal Java interface that I want to expose as a web service.
Most of the methods in this interface throw a custom exception derived from
Exception. Ultimately, through my RPC web service, I want these exceptions
translate into SOAP faults. My understanding is that I don't have to be
introducing AxisFault or SOAPFault objects into this interface.