axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Pedro Mendoza" <pedro.mend...@adpclearing.org>
Subject Re: <<< client calls with authenticating proxy >>>
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:30:43 GMT
hi Jonathan,

try using the following setup code

System.setProperty("proxySet", "true");
System.setProperty("http.proxyHost", "yourproxyhost");
System.setProperty("http.proxyPort", "yourproxyport");
System.setProperty("http.proxyUser", "yourproxyusername");
System.setProperty("http.proxyPassword", "yourproxypassword");

and the normal SOAP connection mechanism will use the System properties

it worked for me

hope this help
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Asbell, Jonathan
  To: 'axis-user@xml.apache.org'
  Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 3:14 PM
  Subject: <<< client calls with authenticating proxy >>>

  I have seen many postings regarding webservice client calls through an authenticating proxy.
 I have tried all of the solutions and have had no success.  The solutions I have tried are
below.  Any suggestions?

  NETWORK ARCHITECTURE
  internal webservice client code --> internal authenticating proxy --> internet -->
external target webservice

  ATTEMPTED SOLUTIONS

  1)
  System.getProperties().setProperty("http.proxyHost", "myhost");
  System.getProperties().setProperty("http.proxyPort", "myport");

  2)
  call.setUsername("myusername");
  call.setPassword("mypassword");

  3)
  Authenticator.setDefault(new MYAuthenticator());

  4)
  call.setTargetEndpointAddress("http://myusername:mypassword@myproxy@externalwebservice");

  5)
  String auth = "myusername:mypassword";
  encodedAuth = javax.mail.internet.MimeUtility.encodeText(auth);
  System.getProperties().setProperty("http.proxyAuth", encodedAuth);