axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mattias Jiderhamn" <matt...@expertsystem.se>
Subject RE: Error I can't quite figure out ...
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 07:49:26 GMT
Have you tried calling the method from a "local" class, not through SOAP?
The InvocationTargetException mean there was an error in the method called.

> Caused by: java.lang.StackOverflowError
>         at
groceryWebService1.ws.Gws1SoapBindingImpl.searchProductList(Gws1SoapBindingI
mpl.java:24)
>    <****NOTE:  THE ABOVE LINE IS REPEATED 1023 times****>

This indicates that your Gws1SoapBindingImpl.searchProductList() method is
calling itself (over and over and over again...)
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Michael Fecina [mailto:fecina@psu.edu]
  Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 2:50 AM
  To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
  Subject: Error I can't quite figure out ...

  I'm getting the following error when I try to call my web service from a
client.
  I have a few methods availabe in the service, and those that return
Objects which
  I have defined (for example, Product and ProductTree) give me this error.
When
  I create a client that calls methods that are void or return a String,
things
  work fine.  Any ideas?

  AxisFault
   faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
   faultString: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
   faultActor: null
   faultDetail:
          stackTrace: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
          at
)
          at
.java:25)
          at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:372
)
          at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:2
92)
          at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:276)
          at
org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:
71)
          at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:156)
          at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:437)
          at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:316)
          at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:701)
          at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:
335)
          at
FilterChain.java:247)
          at
ain.java:193)
          at
va:260)
          at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
          at
          at
at
va:191)
          at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
          at
          at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2396)
          at
)
          at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
          at
java:170)
          at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
          at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
)
          at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
          at
          at
at
:174)
          at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
          at
          at
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
          at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:405)
          at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:380)
          at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:508)
          at
a:533)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
  Caused by: java.lang.StackOverflowError
          at
groceryWebService1.ws.Gws1SoapBindingImpl.searchProductList(Gws1SoapBindingI
mpl.java:24)
     <****NOTE:  THE ABOVE LINE IS REPEATED 1023 times****>

          at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:13
5)
          at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(Deserializati
onContextImpl.java:942)
          at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1528)
          at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1779)
          at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1507)
          at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1779)
          at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1507)
          at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:500)
          at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:305)
          at
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:442)
          at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationCon
textImpl.java:232)
          at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:546)
          at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:377)
          at
groceryWebService1.ws.Gws1SoapBindingStub.searchProductList(Gws1SoapBindingS
tub.java:160)
          at
groceryWebService1.GroceryWebServiceClient.main(GroceryWebServiceClient.java
:19)