axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "objectman" <kcint...@elp.rr.com>
Subject Re: EJBs deployed as webservices continued
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 18:15:07 GMT
You directory hierarchy should look like the following.

/whereverYouJBossIs/server/default/deploy/axis.war

Under axis.war is where you need to place the axis distribution.

Once that is in place. Restart the jboss server. You can test your
installation by
placing a simple test case class in the WEB-INF subdir of the axis.war
distribution.
Name the java source test.jws. Then, point your web browser to
http://yourhostname:8080/axis/test.jws

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Brown" <russell.brown@Freeserve.com>
To: <axis-user@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 9:00 AM
Subject: EJBs deployed as webservices continued

Hi again,
Thanks everyone for all your help to date: here is where I am now.

I bought the Axis book from wrox, and read the short appendix on deploying
EJBs as web services. They added the step of putting the jBoss jars into the
lib directory of Tomcat ( a new one on me ).

Not being on jBoss I added the j2ee.jar to the lib ( since I'm using Sun's
RI ). Now when I deploy the service I get the same basic behaviour which is:

Browsing the service URL results in a blank html page.
Browsing the services url?wsdl results in a blank html page.
Running the admin client list function shows that the service is deployed.
Browsing the list of deployed services in Axis shows a blank html page ( not
even the original getVersion service et al )
BUT
browsing these services urls and url?wsdl works.

Curious.

So I wrote a client for the web service which when I run returns a huge
amount of error data, sifting through which gets me :

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method) .

Which is at least progress.

So any ideas on what to do now, I've certainly RTFM and it hasn't helped.

The j2ee.jar is on the claspath, and in the Tomcat lib dir and in the
WEB-INF lib dir for Axis but still Tomcat cannot find the
javax/ejb/EJBObject class.

If anyone can even give me mild encouragement I will buy them booze!!!

Thanks in advance

Russell

Russell Brown
Application Developer
Freeserve.com Plc
The Malthouse, Chadwick Street, Leeds LS10 1LJ
Telephone: 0113 222 9110