axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Kevin.Bed...@sunlife.com
Subject RE: Q: Best Practices w/n Using Axis?
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:49:40 GMT

If you're using weblogic then probably most of your work is building EJB's
anyway, so it's not that big a deal. Especially given all the work it does
for you if you follow their model. Creating an SSB then passing everything
to the Ant task actually takes less time then other platforms. It handles
deployment of the service as well.

Downside is the types are pretty limited  - we send DOM objects only.
Everything we use via weblogic is embedded in an XML document.

Also, client code needs to get an initial context from the WebLogic server
and us some sort of a factory class to access the web service - meaning the
client code (Java at least) is pretty dependent on WebLogic. It's posible
to use other client code if you want to. It's just easier to use their
stuff.

The real value is that you just create the SSB and their build process
takes care of everything else.

"Volkmann, Mark" <Mark.Volkmann@AGEDWARDS.com> on 10/21/2002 10:37:43 AM