axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Junaid.Bha...@mro.com
Subject Re: Serialize/Deserialize a DOM Element into a java Object
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 21:50:56 GMT

There is a DOM Element serializer/deserializer in Axis
(org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.ElementSerializer). Is this what you're
looking for?

-Junaid

                      Alexis Agahi

                      <alag@users.sourc        To:       axis-user@xml.apache.org

                      eforge.net>              cc:

                                               Subject:  Serialize/Deserialize a DOM Element
into a java Object
                      10/14/2002 12:32

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-user

Hi all,

Is there a way to deserialize a DOM element into a java object with Axis?
(also how would it be possible to serialize and append an object to a DOM
element?)

I've successfully perform this feature with apache SOAP 2.3 using
unmarshaller, but I cannot see the process with Axis encoding package.

Here is a sample of code of what I'm trying to do
Obviously I'm on the wrong way (I guess).

-------------

Element element = ...;
MessageElement me = new MessageElement( element );

ElementDeserializer ed = new ElementDeserializer();
DeserializationContext dc = new DeserializationContextImpl( msgContext, ed
);
dc.setCurElement( me );
dc.parse();
Object value = ed.getValue();