axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Riboe" <jens.ri...@ribomation.com>
Subject SV: Does Axis include a lightweight standalone server?
Date Sun, 27 Oct 2002 08:43:28 GMT
Hi all,

My I add some additional questions to this thread.

1) As I understand it, SimpleAxisServer must be feeded with a deploy.wsdd
   file using the AdminClient, before it can serve a service. Is it possible
   to use a server-config.wsdd file instead, to make it more shrink-wrapped?
   If it's possible, where should I put the file; in the process' working
directory
   or at the root of the class path or defined by an comman line argument. I
have browsed
   around in the source code, but haven't so far found the answers myself.

2) Speaking about the server-config.wsdd. Is the xml format the same as for
   the deploy.wsdd? Currently I'm using regexp in Ant to extract the
<service>
   portion from a generated deploy.wsdd and patch it in somewhere in the
middle of a
   server-config.wsdd. This file can then be put in the WEB-INF directory
   together with a web.xml file in a WAR. This works without any
   problems using Ant, but seems to me a little bit messy and is currently
limited to
   just one deploy.wsdd file, and hence, one interface. So, my question is
   Can I create a ready to deploy WAR file in a more convenient and robust
manner?
   Perhaps, just drop one or more *.wsdd files in the WEB-INF directory.

Many thanks in advance for any light on these topics,
	/jens

Jens Riboe
Email : jens.riboe@ribomation.com <mailto:jens.riboe@ribomation.com>