axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Chris Williamson" <chr...@wolfram.com>
Subject RE: addAttribute/setType problem
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:29:25 GMT
I honestly think there are several bugs in MessageElement and I have not had
anyone tell me differently in the last few days.  I am probably going to
submit the bugs I have found to bugzilla today.  I have around seven that
are all related to MessageElement.  Kind of scary.  Plus, these are all
related to what I am doing and I have not investigated further.  It wouldn't
surprise me at all if there were more.

Chris

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Stefan.Kleineikenscheidt@mobilcom.de
> [mailto:Stefan.Kleineikenscheidt@mobilcom.de]
> Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2002 5:09 AM
> To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
> Subject: RE: addAttribute/setType problem
>
>
>
>
> Hello Chris & all,
>
> FYI:  I also seem to have a problem with
> org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement  and type definitions in SOAP
> requests.  I'm using Axis 1.0 and Xerces XML-Parser (i've had the same
> problems with both 2.0 and 2.2).
>
> For testing purposes i've written a small program, which analyzes a SOAP
> request which is read from a file:
>         :
>         MessageFactory mf = MessageFactory.newInstance();
>         SOAPMessage msg = mf.createMessage(new MimeHeaders(), new
> FileInputStream(soapFile));
>         SOAPPart sp = msg.getSOAPPart();
>         SOAPEnvelope se = sp.getEnvelope();
>         SOAPBody sb = se.getBody();
>         :
>
> When I analyze a sample SOAP request, i get a NullPointerException (for
> soap request and stack trace see below).  When i remove the "xsi:type"
> attributes (in applicationId, recipientId and message), everything just
> works fine.
>
> This is a "me too" posting.  I discovered this problem yesterday and i
> haven't had a try with other Axis Versions..   If this problem is not a
> bug, please tell me...
>
> Thanks,
> -Stefan
>
>
>
>
>
> ********** SOAP request:
>
> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
>         SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
>         xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
>         xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>         xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>         xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
>
> <SOAP-ENV:Body>
>         <ns1:sendMessage
>                 xmlns:ns1="http://www.mobilcom.de">
>                         <applicationId xsi:type
> ="xsd:string">APP_ID</applicationID>
>                         <recipientId xsi:type
> ="xsd:string">000000000004</eventID>
>                         <message xsi:type="xsd:string">Test</message>
>         </ns1:sendNewsletterSMS>
> </SOAP-ENV:Body>
>
> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
>
>
>
>
> ********** Stack trace:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.<init>(MessageElement.java:254)
>         at
> org.apache.axis.message.SOAPHandler.makeNewElement(SOAPHandler.java:90)
>         at
> org.apache.axis.message.SOAPHandler.startElement(SOAPHandler.java:79)
>         at
> org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.startElement(D
eserializationContextImpl.java:906)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentCont
> entDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
>  Source)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
> Source)
>         at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(Deserial
> izationContextImpl.java:232)
>         at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:546)
>         at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:768)
>         at SoapTest.main(Unknown Source)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Stefan Kleineikenscheidt
> IT Architekt
>
> MobilCom Products & Services GmbH
> Paul-Dessau-Str. 3g
> 22761 Hamburg
> Phone: +49 (40) 853 788-275
> Fax: +49 (40) 853 788-910
> Mobil: +49 (173) 855 9925
> email: stefan.kleineikenscheidt@mobilcom.de
>
>


Mime
View raw message