axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anand Hatwalne" <anand_hatwa...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: Does Axis include a lightweight standalone server?
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 05:28:24 GMT
There's a lightweight "web server" (only HTTP) in Axis (Class:
org.apache.axis.transport.http.SimpleAxisServer). However the source of the
above class says that it's not for production use. And I am not sure how one
can use Axis without a servlet container. Anyone knows?

-----Original Message-----
From: Francois Swiegers [mailto:FSwiegers@RUBICO.COM]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 10:47 AM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Does Axis include a lightweight standalone server?

I want to expose an application as a web service, but I want to keep the
installation dependencies to a minimum. Does Axis include a light weight web
server that can be used to expose web services, without having a servlet
container like Tomcat installed? If so, where can I find info on how to use
it?

Francois Swiegers
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail message (and attachments) contains confidential information
intended only for the person/s to whom it is addressed. It is subject to
legal privilege and any copying or unauthorised disclosure of the contents
other than to the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please notify us by telephone and erase all copies of the message
and attachments. Thank you for your assistance.