axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Adam Greene" <agre...@romulin.com>
Subject RE: Axis and Mozilla SOAP Javascript
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:01:50 GMT
Take a look at WASP, it can generate JavaScript client code.

http://www.systinet.com

-----Original Message-----
From: villardml@free.fr [mailto:villardml@free.fr]
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 3:55 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Axis and Mozilla SOAP Javascript

For js dom, here an URL: http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/

For the second item, I can't help you. I suppose you need a web service
server
on the client side or a push server.

Chris Howard wrote:

I'm trying to do the same thing.  I did it at my previous job so I know it
is doable but I cannot find any good reference on it.

We created XML DOMs from scratch on the client side and sent that XML via
soap to the SOAP server.  The soap server then split up the XML and handled
it appropriatly, using server side JScript.  I am attempting to do the front
end the same way but Java on the server side.

The main bits of information I'm missing on the client side (they were
obfuscated with the code I was working on):

* How do you create an XML DOM in IE/Netscape (I know it is different syntax
to create them but after that they use the same code)

* How do I send the XML to the client and get the response back.

On the server side I'm having trouble finding the reference I need as well.
I cannot find documentation on how I get the XML and access it via the DOM
(document.getElementByTagName("..."), document.firstChild, and all that).

If anyone has any directions they can point me in I would be most greatfull.
I've been scouring google for about 3 days now.

-Chris