axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Howard" <chow...@boxlake.com>
Subject RE: 404 when invoking Axis AdminServlet
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:59:08 GMT
I had the same problem which was being caused by 2 problems.   I didn't have
my classpaths set up properly, try the test stock application to find out.
Also web.xml in Tomcat 4.1\webapps\axis\WEB-INF comes with the admin servlet
commented out by default.

BTW after getting the admin servlet running I was somewhat let down.  The
servlet simply lets you start/stop axis.  I was expecting it to let me
deploy/manage my services.

-----Original Message-----
From: Arulazi D [mailto:aruld@india.hp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 7:30 AM
To: Axis User
Subject: 404 when invoking Axis AdminServlet

I am getting the following error page when I try to invoke the Axis
AdminServlet.

<trace>
HTTP Status 404 - /axis/servlet/AdminServlet

----

type Status report

message /axis/servlet/AdminServlet

description The requested resource (/axis/servlet/AdminServlet) is not
available.

----

Apache Tomcat/4.1.12-LE-jdk14

</trace>

I am using Axis 1.0 with JDK 1.4.1 deployed on Tomcat 4.1.12-LE-jdk14
running in my Win2K box.

Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Arul