axis-java-user mailing list archives

From jason_donmo...@chiinc.com
Subject Definitive answers on messaging with attachments needed
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:25:57 GMT
I've been trying for quite a while to get messaging with attachments working
with axis release 1.0.  I seem to get so close only to be thwarted in the
end.  My current configuration (based on much research in the various pieces
of axis documentation, samples, mailing list archives, and sourc code) is as
follows:

- using axis 1.0 release
- I have all of the axis jar's, servlet.jar, mail.jar and activation.jar on
my classpath
- my service side method (in a class
com.chiinc.soaptest.server.SOAPTestServer) has the following signature:
public SOAPEnvelope EchoAttachment (SOAPEnvelope envelope)

note that I've tried the following method signatures as well:
public void EchoAttachment (SOAPEnvelope req, SOAPEnvelope resp)
and
public void EchoAttachment (MessageContext mc)

- my .wsdd looks as follows:
<deployment name="test" xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
            xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"
		xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance">

	<service name="SOAPTestServer" provider="java:MSG">
  		<parameter name="className"
value="com.chiinc.soaptest.server.SOAPTestServer"/>
  		<parameter name="allowedMethods" value="EchoAttachment"/>
 	</service>
</deployment>

note that I've tried removing the provider attribute and substituting
style="message" but still get the same result

I'm currently getting an error when viewing the wsdl of my deployed service
from the axis servlet as follows:

Fault - org.apache.axis.InternalException: java.lang.Exception: Method
'EchoAttachment' does not match any of the valid signatures for
message-style service methods
AxisFault
 faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.userException
 faultString: org.apache.axis.InternalException: java.lang.Exception: Method
'EchoAttachment' does not match any of the valid signatures for
message-style service methods
 faultActor: null
 faultDetail:
	stackTrace: org.apache.axis.InternalException: java.lang.Exception:
Method 'EchoAttachment' does not match any of the valid signatures for
message-style service methods
	at
org.apache.axis.description.ServiceDesc.checkMessageMethod(ServiceDesc.java:
707)
	at
org.apache.axis.description.ServiceDesc.createOperationForMethod(ServiceDesc
.java:1039)
	at
org.apache.axis.description.ServiceDesc.createOperationsForName(ServiceDesc.
java:967)
	at
org.apache.axis.description.ServiceDesc.getSyncedOperationsForName(ServiceDe
sc.java:940)
	at
org.apache.axis.description.ServiceDesc.loadServiceDescByIntrospectionRecurs
ive(ServiceDesc.java:801)
	at
org.apache.axis.description.ServiceDesc.loadServiceDescByIntrospection(Servi
ceDesc.java:768)
	at
org.apache.axis.description.ServiceDesc.loadServiceDescByIntrospection(Servi
ceDesc.java:718)
	at
org.apache.axis.description.ServiceDesc.getOperations(ServiceDesc.java:355)
	at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.writePortType(Emitter.java:695)
	at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.getWSDL(Emitter.java:333)
	at org.apache.axis.wsdl.fromJava.Emitter.emit(Emitter.java:235)
	at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.generateWSDL(JavaProvider.java:4
18)
	at
org.apache.axis.strategies.WSDLGenStrategy.visit(WSDLGenStrategy.java:72)
	at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:156)
	at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.generateWSDL(SimpleChain.java:143)
	at
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.generateWSDL(SOAPService.java:355)
	at
org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.generateWSDL(AxisServer.java:490)
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.processWsdlRequest(AxisServlet.ja
va:428)
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doGet(AxisServlet.java:280)
	at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:
335)
	at
FilterChain.java:247)
	at
ain.java:193)
	at
va:260)
	at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
	at
	at
va:191)
	at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2397)
	at
)
	at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
java:170)
	at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:171
)
	at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
	at
	at
	at
:174)
	at
eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:405)
	at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:380)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:508)
	at
a:533)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

It's obvious that it's unhappy with my method signature.  However it seems
to me based on what I've read that what I'm doing is correct.  Can anyone
offer some insight into what the problem is?