axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jan-Olav Eide <Jan-Olav.E...@ergo.no>
Subject RE: MessageContext.setMaintainSession
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2002 11:07:25 GMT
> How does the handler detect the incoming request belongs to
> some existing  sessions ?? (is it assessible via MessageContext ?)  And
then
> throw a SOAP  Fault if not.

I do that too with a login-service. The fact that a user is logged in is
maintained as state in the object that implements the web-service. This is
why I need "scope=session". I can not assume that all clients accessing the
web-service are AXIS-clients, in fact I can be sure that they are not.

So I guess my question really is  : What is the C# MS-SOAP equivalent of
setMaintainSession ?

In addition, a question regarding custom serialization/deserialization : The
AXIS client examples in the book do a registerTypeMapping on the Call
object. Again,  how should a non-Java non-axis client handle this ?

--
jo