axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Problems calling SOAP messaging via Axis
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:48:35 GMT

David,

Please feel free to provide a new, improved sample which would work better and be more instructive.
 You could save other users the same frustration that you experienced.

Submit the files in a bug/enhancement request in bugzilla.

Thanks!
--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia Server Development

-----Original Message-----
From: David Orriss Jr [mailto:dave@davenet.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 5:50 PM
To: axis-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problems calling SOAP messaging via Axis

I found the problem.  Short answer: The TestMsg code that comes with Axis is
junk.  It will work *only* if there is one method on a service class.  I assume
that this is because if you specify the wrong procedure name (like TestMsg does)
that Axis will be kind, assume you're just stupid, and will try to get the
service class to do something with your request. If there is more than one, it
fails because then it *needs* to know the procedure name.

--
David Orriss Jr.
dave@davenet.net