axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Volkmann, Mark" <Mark.Volkm...@AGEDWARDS.com>
Subject RE: Best Practices w/n Using Axis?
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:25:56 GMT
I don't personally like this approach.  I prefer to implement my services in
a "normal" Java class, not an EJB or a web service.  Then I write a web
service and a session bean that are essentially pass-throughs to the real
service implementation.

You can even create a "proxy locator" class that clients use to obtain a
proxy object that either invokes your service through a web service or a
session bean.  For Java clients, the client is then not aware of which
mechanism is being used.

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.