axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ricky Ho <r...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: XML and web services
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:09:04 GMT
What I mean the main value of "self-describing" web services is that the
invocation detail is all described in the WSDL.  When you pass the XML data
as "String", "ByteArray" or "Document", you lose the schema description of
your XML.  So I think the best approach is use document/literal encoding
rather than manipulate the data type to another form.

Rgds, Ricky