axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jason Essington <jas...@GreenRiverComputing.com>
Subject Re: SOAP over SMTP/POP
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 18:36:48 GMT
O.K. so I have found the W3C's SOAP email binding stuff at:

http://www.w3.org/TR/soap12-email

and they say it is only for discussion. (plus I don't completely
understand it all)

For lack of a better solution I was planning to write something that
checks a mailbox every so often (using javamail), and when it finds a
message
1) checks the signature <- I don't want just anyone emailing my server
soap commands
2) feeds the Soap envelope to axis.

now, I am  curious about  a couple things

1) what is the best way to feed the soap envelope to axis?
      I could form a http request and feed it in that way easy enough,
but perhaps there is a better way.

2) what would be the best way in the email to define which soap service
this message is for?
     I suppose I could place the service name in the subject line. but
again perhaps there is a better way.

Anyone with any ideas?

Ken, I searched developer works, but your paper apparently hasn't been
published yet. If you are able to distribute the paper, I would like to
read it.

-jason