axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Robin Berjon <robin.ber...@expway.fr>
Subject Re: Altering the XML
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:24:36 GMT
Sen, Puny wrote:
> Have you considered writing a handler that modifies the envelope before it
> is sent back?

Well that probably won't help me because what I need to do is to change
the actual physical representation of the XML, the actual bits that
compose it, not its abstract representation such as a DOM.

It would appear that those things are controlled by
org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContextImpl and/or
org.apache.axis.message.SAXOutputter. It would be trivial to subclass
those to do what I want, but unfortunately they are hardcoded. Patching
all the places where they are used to throw in some flexibility is
beyond the time imparted to my project, so I'll probably have to use
another SOAP framework.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway