axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Reinhard Moser <a...@healthgate.at>
Subject typeMapping java.sql.Timestamp
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:53:55 GMT
Hello,

   i am using axis to call EJB-methods. Return values are beans
containing java.sql.Timestamps. I write a custom serializer-/
deserializerfactory and applied a typeMapping tag into my service
descriptor (on server and client side):

   <typeMapping qname="javasql:Timestamp"
                type="java:java.sql.Timestamp"
                serializer="package.TimestampSerializerFactory"
                deserializer="package.TimestampDeserializerFactory"
                encodingStyle=
                    "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>

This worked out fine in Axis version RC1. In version RC2 an version 1.0
calling the service name with appended ?wsdl shows as type xsd:anyType.
The serialized java.sql.Timestamp is a xsd:dateTime but on client side
axis maps xsd:dateTime to GregorianCalender an tries to set it to
java.sql.Timestamp which results in a exception.

Thanks

Reinhard