axis-java-user mailing list archives

From James Black <jbl...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: "Chicken-Egg" problem with Java2WSDL/WSDL2Java
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:51:38 GMT
Vishal Mehra wrote:

> I would like to expose e xisting java interfaces and classes via SOAP.
> If  you run java2wsdl and then wsdl2java, you need to move logic from
> existing classes to SOAPBindingImp.java. Ideally, I would like to keep
> the logic in the original classes. Is there a way around?

  What I do is have a class, SOAPBindingStub.java and this is where I
put my logic for the web service.  It also inherits the interface that
was used for the java2wsdl call, so that the SOAPBindingImp class will
just return what is in the stub.
  You can also use the stub when you run java2wsdl using --implClass.
  I hope this makes sense.